Tuesday, May 20, 2003

after going through quite a few lessons and students, i've come to realise that not one single method of teaching skating is the correct way. you can be teaching one student using a "standardized" world recognised method, and you wouldn't be able to get another student to do anything with that doctrine, but if you switched over and used different methods, you could perhaps get some headway

so i got a new pair of skates. a 2003 FSK Crossmax, aka FSK Crossmax 2. I don't know if it's because I'm too used to wearing my xmax02 that the xmax03 doesn't feel as comfortable. guess it's all about wearing them in... then yesterday i had a hard time teaching zac how to parallel turn, but somehow with my students i won't be as impatient, but with her i'm absolutely impatient.. am i being too harsh and expecting too much?

i figured it's either my partner skates damn well, or don't at all.. ehhehe.. 1 or 0... black or white.. no shades of grey..

i know i haven't been posting but it's been really boring and mundane. lemme just give an example of my usual routine.

wake up. breakfast. stone. surf. go out. ecp. teach/rot/stone. dinner. home. tv. sleep.

and once in awhile i do some work on my hyp.. but that's about all... geeze...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home