Sunday, January 23, 2005

It's been a week since I started work! Been sworn to secrecy and I'm also not to reveal anything since the Official Secrets Act governs my job, but what I have to say is that it's been really interesting listening to Raymond, my supervisor/caretaker for the week, as well as sitting down and watching the very experienced controllers at their job. I'm going to start my couse on Monday, and I'll be at it for 16, yes, SIXTEEN, weeks. Good thing is that I'm being paid a full salary while I'm on course, and lunch is provided during the course! I'll update more about the course as the weeks pass.

Today's gripes are about people who drive at night without turning on their headlights. These idiots don't have an inkling that their lights aren't on, it's not too bad in Singapore, where the streets are well lit, but it's still a hazardous situation where other drivers can't see these idiots in their rear view, same goes for oncoming traffic at junctions. Some of the newer cars have dashboards that illuminate whether in the day or night, so these drivers actually don't even know if their lights are on or not, but as a responsible driver, they should really check whether their lights are on or not! Just on a short drive back from Pasir Ris to my place, I encountered no less than 5 drivers and 1 motorcyclist who didn't turn on their lights.

And today I shall whine about my skating, it's been a good day of skating, I got new wheels, Hyper Hyperformance + G, in a setup of 80x84x84x80 on my skates. The wheels are great, and I can slide with them today, just after fitting them on yesterday, which I usually am able to do only after a month with new skates! That's not the gripe tho, I'm griping because I'm having difficulty typing now even, because of the falls I've sufferred today. The first fall came from a big concussion inducing fall on my bum while doing heel wheeling in the afternoon, which was followed by a fall on my right hand, while doing a soyale, then followed by another one late in the night from a wheelbarrow. The problem with all these falls is that I keep supporting on my right hand, and now it hurts like hell. :(

That's all for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home