Sunday, May 15, 2005

i'm back from my trip to the maldives.

after ending my course at SAA on 6th of May with a nice afternoon tea reception and certificate presentation ceremony, i went home to prepare and pack for my trip, which was postponed from febuary due to my primary atc course.

saturday afternoon came and it was to be a nine hour trip to the maldives because of a transit in sri lanka. the transit was pretty boring, but since i was travelling alone, i managed to find time to do some reading, which i hardly find any time to do nowadays. the trip to male was certainly more inviting, and i was travelling back in time the whole way, given colombo is 2 hours behind singapore, and male is 3 hours behind.

arrived at male, was picked up by the local recep and transferred onto my dhoni for the handhu falhi, which was to be my home till the 14th. it's a nice boat, with great air-conditioned cabins, with an even nicer crew.

well, some things didn't turn out right this trip, and some things did. i didn't bring my dive comp, but i managed to rent one, and i did get to see whale sharks, which was my primary purpose of the trip. and i think i spent a bomb on my phone bill too.

the maldives is a wonderful place to do a diving safari off a dive boat like the handhu falhi, but the best time to go would be january and febuary. so i'm going to try and get a trip organized to go there next year, and this time, with more friends. so those who are intending to pick up diving, please do so, and we can make a trip out to the maldives next year. (i may just have another trip to manado or kapalai/sipadan this year end anyways).

it's back to work for me, but not at SAA, but at changi airport. it'll be a nice change before my next course, which is tentatively scheduled to start on june 26th, and by then we'd be able to see the next batch going through their primary course, and hopefully all of my senior batch makes it through the aerodrome course as well.

will update again. it's great to be skating happily again, without worrying about politics in the skating scene once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home